I’m having too much fun with summer ideas. I decided to work up my Knit Cupcake Doll as a Sunflower with a tiny bumblebee and my Crochet Cupcake Doll as a Watermelon with a Watermelon slice on top. You can find the pattern to the watermelon slice below. I hope you enjoy it!
- Worsted weight in Red/Pink, White, Dark Green, Lime Green, and Black.
- Crochet Hook, Size G, 4.0mm
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn Needle
2″ long x 1⅛” tall
6 stitches x 6 rows = 1″ x 1″
Not critical for this design.
st – Stitch
sc – Single Crochet
inc – sc twice in the same st
MC – Magic Circle
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- Place a marker in the first stitch of every round to indicate the beginning and move the marker up at the start of each new round.
- All stitches are worked through both loops unless otherwise indicated.
- Instructions between ** are to be repeated until the end of the round.
- Instructions between  are made in the same st.
- Numbers between () indicate the total amount of stitches in that round.
- When making color changes, remember to always change to the new color before the last yarn over of the last stitch in the old color.
Watermelon Slice Pattern:
Round 1: With red/pink and G hook, 6 sc in MC. (6)
Round 2: inc in each st around. (12)
Round 3: *sc, inc* repeat around. (18)
Round 4: With white, *sc 2, inc* repeat around. (24)
Round 5: With lime green, *sc 3, inc* repeat around. (30)
Cut a 9″ long strand of black yarn, thread through needle and place “watermelon seeds” on the red/pink by sewing in the st from round 1 and to stitch directly above that st on round 2. Fold the circle in half and work through the stitch on each side:
Round 6: With dark green, sc in each st across. (15)
FO. Weave in ends.
This design, written pattern, and images are a copyright of ©Heather Boyer. You may make and sell products from my patterns. I do ask that you include a link to the pattern with credit for the design. Please do not copy and/or repost this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not copy and/or re-publish photos as your own.
This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn go to keeping MyCreativeBlog.com online.