I’m having too much fun with summer ideas. I decided to work up my Knit Cupcake Doll as a Sunflower with a tiny bumblebee and my Crochet Cupcake Doll as a Watermelon with a Watermelon slice on top. You can find the pattern to the watermelon slice below. I hope you enjoy it!
Pictured Items Patterns:
Tiny Knit Bumblebee
Tiny Crochet Bumblebee
- Worsted weight in Red/Pink, White, Dark Green, Lime Green, and Black.
- Crochet Hook, Size G, 4.0mm
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn Needle
2″ long x 1⅛” tall
6 stitches x 6 rows = 1″ x 1″
Not critical for this design.
st – Stitch
sc – Single Crochet
inc – sc twice in the same st
MC – Magic Circle
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- Place a marker in the first stitch of every round to indicate the beginning and move the marker up at the start of each new round.
- All stitches are worked through both loops unless otherwise indicated.
- Instructions between ** are to be repeated until the end of the round.
- Instructions between  are made in the same st.
- Numbers between () indicate the total amount of stitches in that round.
- When making color changes, remember to always change to the new color before the last yarn over of the last stitch in the old color.
Watermelon Slice Pattern:
Round 1: With red/pink and G hook, 6 sc in MC. (6)
Round 2: inc in each st around. (12)
Round 3: *sc, inc* repeat around. (18)
Round 4: With white, *sc 2, inc* repeat around. (24)
Round 5: With lime green, *sc 3, inc* repeat around. (30)
Cut a 9″ long strand of black yarn, thread through needle and place “watermelon seeds” on the red/pink by sewing in the st from round 1 and to stitch directly above that st on round 2. Fold the circle in half and work through the stitch on each side:
Round 6: With dark green, sc in each st across. (15)
FO. Weave in ends.
Don’t forget to share your projects on Ravelry or in the comments!
Or share on Instagram and tag #mycreativeblog.
This design, written pattern, and images are a copyright of ©Heather Boyer. You may make and sell products from my patterns. I do ask that you include a link to the pattern with credit for the design. Please do not copy and/or repost this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not copy and/or re-publish photos as your own.
This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn go to keeping MyCreativeBlog.com online.
Comments on this page are moderated before posting. This ensures that this blog does not get overrun by spam or inappropriate comments. Please allow up to 24 hours before you'll see your comment, as I approve them as soon as I can.