Spring has finally arrived! And nothing says spring like bees. So that got me thinking of an adorable bee doll. This doll, though, isn’t only a bee, she also transforms into a bee-hive. Of course, just like all my other topsy-turvy dolls, she flips into another form. Make her as the Queen Bee herself or one of the worker bees, either way, she’ll be adorable.
- Worsted weight yarn in skin color, yellow, black, white, and a small amount of random colors and green for flowers and leaves(flowers are optional).
(I use Hobby Lobby’s I love this Cotton!)
- Small amount of embroidery floss for smile and eyelashes (optional).
- Size H (5.0mm) Crochet Hook(used for beehive)
- Size G (4.0mm) Crochet Hook (used for most of doll)
- Size E (3.5mm) Crochet Hook (used for embellishments)
- 6mm safety eyes
- Black pipe cleaner (for antenna)
- Lots of Fiberfill
- Yarn Needle
- Sew-On Snaps (optional)
Doll – 6 ½” tall when standing *
Beehive – 7” tall *
* If the same gauge is used as the pattern indicates.
Gauge: 6 sts x 6 rows = 1” x 1” worked in sc
Gauge is less important in this type of project.
❤❤❤♡ – Intermediate
Stitches in this pattern:
|ch(s) = Chain(s)
sp(s) = space(s)
st(s) = stitch(es)
sl st = Slip Stitch
sk = Skip
FO = Finish Off
RS = Right Side
WS = Wrong Side
|sc = Single Crochet
dec = Single Crochet Decrease
inc = Single Crochet Increase
hdc = Half Double Crochet
dc = Double Crochet
blo = Back Loop Only
flo = Front Loop Only
|MC – Magic Circle
Shell Stitch Variation
You may purchase this pattern on Ravelry:
Examples from Testers:
This design, written pattern, and images are a copyright of ©Heather Boyer. You may make and sell products from my patterns. I do ask that you include a link to the pattern with credit for the design. Please do not copy and/or repost this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not copy and/or re-publish photos as your own.
This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn go to keeping MyCreativeBlog.com online.