I know I haven’t been publishing to my blog as much as I’d like, but it doesn’t mean I haven’t been crocheting or thinking of pattern designs. Life got a little busy recently as I was interviewing for a new job which was about a month and a half process or so then I’ve been transitioning to that new job. It’s all worth it, though, as the job is fully remote which means I get to work from home every day and more accurately work out of my craft room which is now split between my work life and my hobby. Because of that, I have been rearranging and reorganizing my room. As part of all that rearranging and organizing, I have been making baskets to help in organizing. One such basket is this one which is made from jute and cotton that I made to hold my crochet hooks. I have so many custom hooks, though, that I had to make a second one to hold them all. Can we say addicted much? Haha! Hope you enjoy the pattern for them!
Not critical for this project although a tighter tension will help with the shape.
|ch = Chain
sp(s) = space(s)
st(s) = stitch(es)
sl st = Slip Stitch
|sc = Single Crochet
inc = Single Crochet Increase (2 sc in same st)
blo = Back Loop Only
FO = Finish Off
|MC – Magic Circle
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- Place a marker in the first stitch of every round to indicate the beginning and move the marker up at the start of each new round.
- All stitches are worked through both loops unless otherwise indicated.
- Instructions between ** are to be repeated until the end of the round.
- Instructions between  are made in the same st.
- Numbers between () indicate the total amount of stitches in that round.
- When making color changes, remember to always change to the new color before the last yarn over of the last stitch in the old color.
Jute Cotton Basket:
Pattern is worked by holding 2 strands of yarn together.
With 2 strands of jute cord held together and N/P (10.0mm) Crochet Hook,
Round 1: sc 6 in MC. (6)
Round 2: inc in each st around. (12)
Round 3: *sc, inc* repeat around. (18)
Round 4: *sc 2, inc* repeat around. Sl st to 1st st to join. (24)
Round 5 -12 (8 rounds): sc in each st around. sl st to 1st st to join. (24)
Change to cotton and work with 2 strands held together and the I (5.5mm) Crochet Hook.
Round 13-15: sc in each st around. (24)
FO. Weave in ends.
This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn go to keeping MyCreativeBlog.com online.
If you like content from this website, please consider donating so that I am able to continue bringing you more free patterns.