I know I haven’t been publishing to my blog as much as I’d like, but it doesn’t mean I haven’t been crocheting or thinking of pattern designs. Life got a little busy recently as I was interviewing for a new job which was about a month and a half process or so then I’ve been transitioning to that new job. It’s all worth it, though, as the job is fully remote which means I get to work from home every day and more accurately work out of my craft room which is now split between my work life and my hobby. Because of that, I have been rearranging and reorganizing my room. As part of all that rearranging and organizing, I have been making baskets to help in organizing. One such basket is this one which is made from jute and cotton that I made to hold my crochet hooks. I have so many custom hooks, though, that I had to make a second one to hold them all. Can we say addicted much? Haha! Hope you enjoy the pattern for them!
– 2 Jute Cord 2-Ply
– 2 Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Off-White), Worsted Weight;
– Size N/P (10.0mm) Crochet Hook
– Size I (5.5mm) Crochet Hook
Not critical for this project although a tighter tension will help with the shape.
|ch = Chain
sp(s) = space(s)
st(s) = stitch(es)
sl st = Slip Stitch
|sc = Single Crochet
inc = Single Crochet Increase (2 sc in same st)
blo = Back Loop Only
FO = Finish Off
|MC – Magic Circle
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- Place a marker in the first stitch of every round to indicate the beginning and move the marker up at the start of each new round.
- All stitches are worked through both loops unless otherwise indicated.
- Instructions between ** are to be repeated until the end of the round.
- Instructions between  are made in the same st.
- Numbers between () indicate the total amount of stitches in that round.
- When making color changes, remember to always change to the new color before the last yarn over of the last stitch in the old color.
Jute Cotton Basket:
Pattern is worked by holding 2 strands of yarn together.
With 2 strands of jute cord held together and N/P (10.0mm) Crochet Hook,
Round 1: sc 6 in MC. (6)
Round 2: inc in each st around. (12)
Round 3: *sc, inc* repeat around. (18)
Round 4: *sc 2, inc* repeat around. Sl st to 1st st to join. (24)
Round 5 -12 (8 rounds): sc in each st around. sl st to 1st st to join. (24)
Change to cotton and work with 2 strands held together and the I (5.5mm) Crochet Hook.
Round 13-15: sc in each st around. (24)
FO. Weave in ends.
Don’t forget to share your projects in the comments
or share on Instagram and tag #mycreativeblog.
This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn go to keeping MyCreativeBlog.com online.
Comments on this page are moderated before posting. This ensures that this blog does not get overrun by spam or inappropriate comments. Please allow up to 24 hours before you'll see your comment, as I approve them as soon as I can.
Thank you for sharing your pattern. The baskets are lovely.
Take care- Tina O
Thank you for your kind words, Tina! I hope you enjoy the pattern!
By The Ginger HookerA code ninja (web developer), photography enthusiast, the ginger hooker, and momma of two handsome, amazing boys. Live.Laugh.Love Read more